The Landlord and Tenant Board has announced that they will gradually be expanding services starting August 1st, 2020. What does this mean for Landlords?
- All those pending eviction orders will start to be issued! Finally!
- Eviction orders which are based on landlords and tenants settling their dispute through an agreement will be issued
- Urgent Eviction matters will continue to be heard by telephone
- Non Urgent Eviction matters will start to be scheduled/rescheduled
- Non-urgent eviction hearings will begin mid-August and into the fall
“As services gradually resume, the LTB is strengthening its ability to deliver fair, effective and timely services during the COVID-19 outbreak by holding hearings by video conference, phone or in writing
The LTB does encourage landlords and tenants to discuss settlement prior to an eviction application hearing with an adjudicator to minimize the number of files the board will have to schedule. The Board will be expanding the use of Case Management Hearings to include most eviction applications filed by landlords that do not include rent arrears”